Now, CNC engraving machine has been widely used in our life and work. As we all know, CNC engraving machines are good at fine machining of small tools and have the capabilities of milling, grinding, drilling and high-speed tapping. They are widely used in 3C industry, mold industry, medical industry and other fields. Numerical control engraving machines are also suitable for a wide range of materials. Which materials are suitable for engraving processing? What characteristics of the material will affect the processing effect? What should we pay attention to when using CNC engraving machines to process various materials? The following Leapion laser manager summarizes for everyone as follows:
Non-metallic materials suitable for engraving include organic glass, resin, wood, etc. and non-metallic materials that are not suitable for engraving include natural marble and glass.
Metal materials suitable for engraving include copper, aluminum, and mild steel with a hardness less than HRC40. Metal materials not suitable for engraving include quenched steel.
The main factors that affect the engraving performance of the material are: material type, material hardness and material toughness.
The material category includes metallic materials and non-metallic materials. In general, the greater the hardness, the worse the processability, and the greater the viscosity, the worse the processability. The more impurities, the worse the processability, the greater the hardness of the particles inside the material, and the worse the processability. A general standard is: the higher the carbon content, the worse the workability, the higher the alloy content, the worse the workability, the higher the content of non-metal elements, the better the workability (but the non-metal content in general materials is strictly controlled of).
Tool factors that affect CNC engraving include tool material, geometric parameters, and grinding technology.
The tool material used in the engraving process is cemented carbide material, which is a powder alloy. The main performance index that determines the material performance is the average diameter of the powder. The smaller the diameter, the more wear-resistant the tool, and the higher the durability of the tool.
The sharpness of the tool mainly affects the cutting force. The sharper the tool, the smaller the cutting force, the smoother the processing, and the higher the surface quality, but the lower the durability of the tool. Therefore, different sharpness should be selected when processing different materials.
For example, when processing relatively soft and sticky materials, the cutting tool needs to be sharper. When the processing material is harder, the sharpness should be reduced and the durability of the cutting tool should be improved. But it should not be too blunt, otherwise the cutting force will be too large, which will affect the processing.
1. For MDF cutting processing, we recommend the use of a double-edged large chip removal spiral milling cutter. It has two high-capacity chip flutes and a double-edged design, which not only has a good chip removal function, but also achieves a good tool balance. When processing medium and high-density boards, there is no blackening, no smoking, and long service life.
For high-density boards, solid wood and other materials, we recommend the use of edge milling cutters.
2. Acrylic cutting processing, the use of single-edged spiral milling cutter is recommended. It is characterized by being smokeless and odorless, fast, efficient, non-sticky, and truly environmentally friendly. Its special manufacturing process ensures that the acrylic does not burst and is extremely Fine knife pattern (or even no knife pattern), bright and smooth appearance. The surface of the stone engraving machine needs to achieve a frosted effect. It is recommended to use a double-edged three-edged spiral milling cutter.
The acrylic mirror carving process recommends the use of diamond carving knife.
3. Cork, MDF, virgin wood, PVC, acrylic large-scale deep relief processing, it is recommended to use single-edged spiral ball end milling cutter.
4. For cutting aluminum plate of stone engraving machine, it is recommended to use single-blade special aluminum milling cutter. No sticking to the knife during processing, fast speed and high efficiency.
5. Woodworking engraving machine multi-layer board, plywood processing, it is recommended to use double-edged straight groove milling cutter. It is recommended to use multi-stripe milling cutters for rough processing of particle board.
6. For engraving machines in the advertising industry for fine and small relief processing, round-bottom engraving knives are recommended.
As a fully automatic engraving equipment, CNC engraving machine has been popularized in the engraving industry. When we use the CNC engraving machine, we should choose different cutting tools, spindle speed, feed amount and other processing quantities according to different materials, engraving content. The CNC engraving machine has fast engraving speed and high precision. With the continuous appearance of various new decoration materials, the materials that the CNC engraving machine can engrave will increase. We should pay attention to the precautions of the above various materials in the processing process. For more professional questions, please contact Leapion Laser directly. Leapion Laser has more than 12 years of industry experience, and our 7×24 online service!
Leapion nuevo 12KW MAX 6025PE cortadora láser fibra con sistema HYPCUT 8000FSCUT8000 es un sistema de bus EtherCAT diseñado para láser de fibra de ultra alta potencia por encima de 8KW, fácil de instalar y ajustar, con funciones de solución completas. Es compatible con soluciones de automatización e Read More
Co2 laser marking machine can mark a variety of non-metallic materials and some metal products, such as bamboo products, wood, paper, ABS, PVC, epoxy resin, acrylic, leather, glass, architectural ceramics, rubber and so on. Widely used in pharmaceutical packaging, food packaging, beverage packaging, plastics, textiles, leather, wood, handicrafts, electronic components, communications, watches, glasses, printing and other industries. Read More
Auto tool change cnc router machine has two types; one is linear auto tool change, the other one is disc tool change. If not set well, the machine can not work with high precision. The cutting size will be not same as your designs. But how to set this? Let’s learn from this video Read More