The main cutting machine used as cutting technology in the market is fiber laser cutting machine, which is widely used for its wide cutting range, fast cutting speed, good cutting effect, maintenance free and other excellent features. Especially in the cutting of sheet metal materials, fiber laser cutting machine has more advantages. What materials can be cut by fiber laser cutting machine
1. Carbon steel. When the optical fiber laser cutting machine uses oxygen as processing gas, the cutting edge will be slightly oxidized. When the thickness is up to 4mm, nitrogen can be used as processing gas for high-pressure cutting. In this case, the cutting edge will not be oxidized. If the thickness of the plate is more than 10 mm, the special plate can be used for the laser of the steel plate laser cutting machine, and the surface of the workpiece can be oiled in the processing, which can get better results.
2. Copper and brass. Both materials have high reflectivity and excellent thermal conductivity. Brass with thickness less than 1mm can be cut with nitrogen; copper with thickness less than 2mm can be cut with oxygen. Copper and brass can only be cut when a "reflection absorption" device is installed on the system. Otherwise the reflection will destroy the optical components.
3. Stainless steel is the most widely used in all industries. When cutting stainless steel with optical fiber laser cutting machine, nitrogen is used to get the edge without oxidation and burr without influence of edge oxidation. Coating the oil film on the surface of the plate will get better perforation effect without reducing the processing quality.
4. Aluminum. For the fiber laser cutting machine, although it has high reflectivity and thermal conductivity, aluminum with thickness less than 6mm can be cut, which depends on the alloy type and laser capacity. When cutting with oxygen, the cutting surface is rough and hard. When nitrogen is used, the cutting surface is smooth. Pure aluminum is very difficult to cut because of its high purity. It can only be cut when the "reflection absorption" device is installed on the fiber laser cutting machine system. Otherwise the reflection will destroy the optical components.
5. Titanium. Titanium plate is cut with argon and nitrogen as processing gas. Other parameters can refer to nickel chromium steel.
Fiber laser cutting machine belongs to the category of metal cutting machine, so it can only be used to process metal, not non-metal materials, such as stone, cloth, leather and other materials. The reason is that the wavelength range of the fiber laser cutting machine is no longer within the absorption range of this type of material, or it is not suitable for absorption and can not achieve the desired effect.
Secondly, the fiber laser cutting machine can not cut the density plate. The fiber laser cutting machine belongs to thermal processing. Cutting the density plate will cause combustion, so that the cutting edge will burn, unable to meet the cutting requirements. This type of materials are mainly raw materials of fiberboard, wood fiber and plant fiber, and some are artificial board made of urea formaldehyde resin and adhesive. These types of materials belong to the category of density plate, which can not be processed by fiber laser cutting machine at present.
There are also some highly reflective materials, such as copper and other rare metal materials. Although this type of materials can be cut by optical fiber laser cutting machine, because the wavelength of these materials for laser is not within the ideal absorption range of these materials, part of the reflected energy will burn the protective lens, which also needs attention.
The data are for reference only