As we all know, we need to use different auxiliary gases in the process of using laser cutting machines to cut materials. These different auxiliary gases have their own characteristics and functions. So, what kinds of auxiliary gases are used in the laser cutting machine? There are currently three common types, compressed air, oxygen and nitrogen. Today, the manager of Leapion Laser will introduce to you the use and characteristics of different auxiliary gases.
Auxiliary gas refers to the gas ejected from the cutting nozzle of the laser cutting machine. There are three commonly used compressed air, nitrogen and oxygen. The auxiliary gas has a great effect on laser cutting. It can blow away the melted and vaporized part of the cutting piece, and it can also blow away the smoke generated during the cutting process, thereby reducing the obstacle to the cutting of the workpiece. Different thicknesses and materials of different materials have different requirements for the pressure and flow rate of the auxiliary gas.
1. Compressed air can be provided directly by an air compressor, of which nitrogen accounts for about 78% and oxygen accounts for about 21%, so the price is very cheap compared with other gases.
2. The cutting effect of compressed air is between nitrogen cutting and oxygen cutting. Because when air is used as an auxiliary gas for cutting, oxygen will inevitably cause an oxidation reaction on the cutting section, but at the same time, due to the presence of a large amount of nitrogen, the oxidation reaction caused by oxygen is not enough to enhance heat transfer, and the cutting ability will not increase.
3. Compressed air is mainly suitable for the cutting of non-metallic materials. It can be used when the material is thin and the cutting section is not very demanding.
4. Compressed air is generally used in sheet metal processing, chassis cabinets, elevator bookcases and other industries.
1. Oxygen (melting cutting): The principle is to use the high temperature of the laser beam to chemically react with the material in an instant; make it melt and gas fume; to achieve the purpose of decomposing and cutting the workpiece.
2. Oxygen plays a role in the cutting process: assisting in burning and neutralizing the carbon molecules in the material. Therefore, it is easy to produce smoke during cutting, and high-power smoke removal equipment is required.
3. The main applicable materials for oxygen: mainly used for carbon steel cutting, including rolled steel, stainless steel, electroplated steel, high-tensile steel, etc.
4. Oxygen is generally suitable for cutting thick plates.
1. Nitrogen (melting and cutting): The principle is to use the high temperature of the laser beam to directly melt the material; then use the coaxial high-pressure gas to take away the melted material.
2. The role of nitrogen in the cutting process is to protect the material from oxidation and use high pressure to blow away the melted material. Therefore, nitrogen cutting generally requires higher pressure, and the pressure required for different material thicknesses is also different.
3. Nitrogen is mainly suitable for stainless steel plates, including electroplated steel plates, brass, aluminum and aluminum alloys.
4. Nitrogen can be used in special parts such as aerospace and decoration industries.
1. The first purpose of cutting with auxiliary gas is to blow away the residual waste and achieve the best cutting effect.
2. Use gas to blow away the metal slag while protecting the lens to avoid the slag sticking to the lens and affecting the cutting quality.
3. The use of nitrogen cutting can effectively achieve the effect of smooth cutting surface, no burrs and no dross, and can be precision cut.
4. Using oxygen to cut, oxygen can support combustion, react with the material, and increase the cutting speed.
The purity of cutting low-carbon steel is at least 99.6%, and the recommended oxygen purity is 99.9% for cutting carbon steel of 12mm or more. The purity of nitrogen for cutting stainless steel plates should reach 99.6% or more. The higher the nitrogen purity, the better the quality of the cut section. If the purity of the cutting gas does not meet the requirements, it will not only affect the quality of the cutting, but also cause the pollution of the lens.
When the pressure is insufficient:
A. When the gas pressure is insufficient, melting stains will occur on the cutting surface;
B. When the gas pressure is insufficient, it is not easy to penetrate, and the cutting speed cannot be accelerated, which affects the processing efficiency.
When the pressure is too high:
A. When the airflow is too large, the cutting surface will be rough and the slit will be wider;
B. When the airflow is too large, the cut part will melt, and a good cutting quality will not be formed.
It can be seen that the auxiliary gas plays an important role in the use of the laser cutting machine. We want the characteristics and functions of the auxiliary gas, so as to make better use of the laser cutting machine and bring high-quality and high-efficiency processing. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact Leapion Laser.
Leapion nuevo 12KW MAX 6025PE cortadora láser fibra con sistema HYPCUT 8000FSCUT8000 es un sistema de bus EtherCAT diseñado para láser de fibra de ultra alta potencia por encima de 8KW, fácil de instalar y ajustar, con funciones de solución completas. Es compatible con soluciones de automatización e Read More
Co2 laser marking machine can mark a variety of non-metallic materials and some metal products, such as bamboo products, wood, paper, ABS, PVC, epoxy resin, acrylic, leather, glass, architectural ceramics, rubber and so on. Widely used in pharmaceutical packaging, food packaging, beverage packaging, plastics, textiles, leather, wood, handicrafts, electronic components, communications, watches, glasses, printing and other industries. Read More
Auto tool change cnc router machine has two types; one is linear auto tool change, the other one is disc tool change. If not set well, the machine can not work with high precision. The cutting size will be not same as your designs. But how to set this? Let’s learn from this video Read More