Which is better, laser cutting machine or plasma cutting machine? In fact, both of them have their own advantages and disadvantages, but the differences are also very big, such as working principle, cutting quality, use cost, etc. are different. Below, the technical manager of Leapion Laser will give you a comparison.
The laser cutting machine is to focus the laser light emitted from the laser into a high-power density laser beam through the optical path system. The laser beam irradiates the surface of the workpiece to make the workpiece reach the melting point or boiling point. At the same time, the high-pressure gas coaxial with the beam blows away the molten or vaporized metal. With the movement of the relative position of the beam and the workpiece, the material will finally form a slit, so as to achieve the purpose of cutting.
The plasma cutting machine is a gas that is heated to a very high temperature and is highly ionized. It transfers the arc power to the workpiece. The high heat melts the workpiece and is blown off, forming a working state of plasma arc cutting. Then, the plasma arc is used as the heat source to melt the metal. It is an arc to cut, so there is often a certain arc when cutting faults. Therefore, when the section we need is right angle, the plasma cutting machine Not suitable anymore.
In terms of cutting accuracy, plasma can reach within 1mm and laser can reach within 0.2mm. Therefore, the precision of the laser cutting machine is higher.
The laser cutting machine can achieve non-contact cutting with the surface of the workpiece, the cutting gap is very small, the accuracy is very high, the heat-affected zone is small, and the cutting end surface is smooth and free of burrs. However, the cutting gap of the plasma cutting machine is slightly larger, the cutting end surface is rough and not smooth, and the cutting accuracy is low.
The laser cutting machine is suitable for cutting a wide range of materials: metals, non-metals, ceramics, glass, etc. are all available. Plasma cutting is suitable for cutting all kinds of metal materials, mainly thick plate cutting.
The purchase price of plasma cutting machine is much cheaper than that of laser cutting machine, because laser cutting machine is composed of many precision parts, and the cost of mechanical parts is higher.
However, in terms of the cost of consumables, the cost of consumables for plasma cutting machines is very high. For example, the entire cutting torch (nozzle, swirl ring, electrode, etc.) needs to be replaced within a few hours, and the plasma cutting machine consumes a lot of power. However, the cost of consumables for laser cutting machines is very low, there are few wearing parts, and almost no maintenance is required.
1. The laser cutting speed is fast: the cutting speed of sheet metal can reach 10m/min, which is much higher than that of the plasma cutting machine.
2. High cutting quality: small deformation and smooth cutting table. The laser cutting groove is very small, and the laser cutting surface can be directly used for welding without grinding.
3. High cutting precision: the precision of laser cutting machine can reach 0.05mm, and the precision of repeated positioning can reach 0.02mm.
5. The application range of laser cutting materials is wide: both metal and non-metal materials are available. There are metal laser cutting machines and CO2 laser cutting machines suitable for non-metals.
6. The laser can also be used for various other operations, such as engraving, welding, drilling, etc., with powerful functions.
The cost of laser cutting machines is high, and the initial investment and maintenance require high costs. At present, laser cutting of thin plates has a higher cost performance, but when the efficiency of sheet cutting is low, unless the quality requirements are high, improper laser cutting is used.
1. The advantage of plasma cutting machine is that the plasma arc energy is more concentrated, the temperature is higher, the cutting speed is faster, the deformation is small, and it can also cut stainless steel, aluminum and other materials.
2. The plasma cutting machine has advantages in cutting thick plates, because in the thick plate cutting process, it can reach a very high cutting speed, which is much higher than laser and flame.
1. Plasma cutting opportunities generate harmful gases and arcs: The principle of plasma cutting determines the intensity of the arc, the noise, and the dust in the cutting process, which will pollute the environment to a certain extent. Underwater plasma cutting is generally used for medium and thick plates, so the cutting thickness is subject to certain restrictions.
2. Poor verticality of the cutting surface: One side of the cutting surface will have a large bevel and poor verticality.
3. During the cutting process, more cutting slag is generated on the surface of the cutting process. Since the process quality is not affected, the slag after cutting must be ground, which also increases labor costs.
4. The heat-affected zone of plasma cutting is relatively large, and the slit is relatively wide. It is not suitable for cutting thin plates because the plates will be deformed due to heat.
5. Consumables such as knives are consumed quickly. Now the cutting nozzle mainly relies on imports and the cost is relatively high.
It can be seen that laser cutting machines and plasma cutting machines have their own advantages and disadvantages. In terms of cutting materials, laser cutting has a wider selection of materials than plasma cutting; in terms of sheet cutting, laser cutting has more significant advantages; but in terms of cost, plasma cutting is much cheaper than laser cutting. So, which one is better, laser cutting machine or plasma cutting machine? Mainly depends on our actual needs. For more professional questions, please contact Leapion Laser.